Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Skype


This concept still amazes me.  I remember sitting down with my Mom and writing a letter to my Grandma together, which we would then put in the mail.  My parents lived in different states during a period of their dating years, and they still kept their love letters to each other.  Today my baby can talk to her Nana and Papa in Michigan whenever she wants and gets to see them in "real time".  This is just one more way Lucy's childhood is so different from mine.


What's "cute" is that Lucy will cry for the laptop and as soon as I open it, she starts waving.  I know she associates it with getting to talk to Nana and Papa.  One time she even looked at it and said "Nana".  Of course now she's starting to associate it with general entertainment too.  She likes to push the buttons and hit the keyboard, and she loves it when we pull up clips of Yo Gabba Gabba.

No comments:

Post a Comment