Sunday, June 26, 2011

In So Many Words...


Go!

My little Lucy is talking...she babbles actually...a lot.  I've noticed when she's tired she'll start repeating words on command.  I usually exploit this and get her to run through her entire vocabulary.  Right now she can say the following words:

  • Mommy (mom or mama)
  • Daddy (Da-EE)
  • Nana
  • Papa (most days it comes out as Baba)
  • Go
  • Hi
  • Bye
  • Hello (Ho)
  • Cheese (Sees)
  • Up
  • Out (Oug)
  • Ball (Bauw)
And if you ask her animals noises, she responds with:
  • What does the sheep say? "Ba!"
  • What does the dog say? "Woof"
  • What does the cat say? a cute, high pitched "Oueeemmm"
  • What does the gorilla say? "Ah, Ah, Ah" (Supposed to be Oo, Oo, Oo, but close enough)
I want to try and remember to start recording some of these little things for myself.  I know I'll thank myself one day when she's too old or too cool to play with Mommy.  So on that note, I will also remind myself that at this age (almost 17 months): she has almost all of her teeth except for her two-year molars, she likes to walk in-between my legs when I'm doing the dishes, she tries to drink her bath water (yuck!), she loves Bob Marley songs, still loves Yo Gabba Gabba, and still insists on holding Roxy's leash when we take her for a walk.  She sleeps on her side with her head on her little pillow, she still does a little bounce whenever she wants me to repeat something (as if to say "again!"), she is still fearless and not very shy, she comes running and laughing to the door when Lola says "Mommy's home" (so I've been told), and she does the same for Daddy, and she loves to Skype or do "Face Time" with Nana and Papa. She is growing into such an amazing little being.

No comments:

Post a Comment