Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Mommy Television


Little do you know Lucy that Mommy's watching you while you sleep...or while you're supposed to be sleeping.



Now I know video monitors are overkill.  I've been made fun of for how obsessed I am at watching this little "TV".  Maybe it's because this is my first baby, but I only get one day...ONE day to spend alone with my baby a week.  The weekends are chock full of errands and obligations, with naps on the go.  So I take advantage of the time I get and watch her even when she's trying to fall asleep.  I wonder if she knows she's not alone.  I guess it's my way of being with her, even if she doesn't know it.

I sometimes think that people must assume that I watch a lot of TV on my one day off.  But when Lucy's awake I spend time feeding and nursing her, playing with her and teaching, photographing her, and today she had a bath.  When she's down for her morning nap I either shower or enjoy a cup of coffee and breakfast and just relax...usually watching this monitor until she falls asleep.  The second nap I try to check email, clean up, maybe update this blog, and finish any other "to-dos".  And 50% of the time I'm usually trying to take Lucy somewhere fun: playdates, shopping, etc. which can eat up the whole day.  Next week Lucy has a professional photo shoot scheduled!  That should be fun.

Well, I'm rambling now (something I'm good at), but here's the result of that nap after Lucy played in her crib for half an hour...Lucy with her puppies.  I think my version of TV is much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment