Friday, November 5, 2010

An Irish Jig at 9 Months


Lucy is 9 months old today.  She now has lived longer on "the outside" than in my belly.  I think of how she used to kick me and squirm about for this long and how fascinating it was back then, and now I'm so much more fascinated by all she's learned in the last 9 months.  I didn't KNOW the definition of squirmy until now!  Lucy can't sit still!  She is constantly trying to touch the dog, grab the dog bone, reach for your face and grab your lips, grab your drink (DRINK your drink!), pull your hair, and squeal with delight while doing it.  She is so funny sometimes.  Lately she has taken to sitting up in her crib when she's supposed to be going to sleep.  This is a new thing.  She has figured out how to get to a sitting position from laying down.  I think she's figured out how to use this as a mode of transportation too.  And she is thisclose to pulling herself up to standing.

She doesn't get the hiccups nearly as often now as compared to when she was on "the inside".  But oh how her personality is starting to come out.  Lucy, your name fits you.  You were wanted so very much.  So many nights I hoped and prayed for you.  I knew you were coming before the doctors did.  And I knew you were a girl.  I just knew.  Happy 9 months baby.  Dance an Irish Jig for Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment