Monday, September 10, 2012

Grandma


You passed away as you lay sleeping, and I have never mourned so deeply until now. You are the sweetest person I have ever known. I hope I can grow up to be like you.

Every day gets a little easier I guess? But I want to remember some significant or happy moments I experienced that day:
The hug my husband gave me to comfort me. He let me sob on his shoulder that day.
Driving down to Kentucky and just talking with my brother to pass the time.
Walking in and seeing my sister for the first time, and just hugging her like I was little.
Sitting next to my Dad, watching the slideshow, with my sister on his other side.
My Grandma's sister, Aunt Larue sharing her story of Grandma's passing, and bringing me peace.
Hearing my Aunt Cindy recall a favorite memory of my Dad when they were little.
Standing in my Grandparent's backyard in the comfortable breeze, dancing with Lucy.
Eating peaches.
Grandpa sharing stories of Grandma, and showing us her wedding rings.
My Grandpa giving Sophie the sweetest little good-bye kiss.



My girls exist, in part, because of you Grandma. I love you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment